Thursday 17 September 2009

Osborne House, Isle of Wight

My last full day on the Isle of Wight, and on the spur of the moment I decided to pay a visit to Osborne House, the holiday home of Queen Victoria.





For some reason I had a very strong urge to go.

Why?

After all, I'm not overstruck on Stately Piles and not a fan of Victoriana in the slightest.

But I ended up having a fantastic day. I felt very happy and comfortable there... not at all as I imagined I'd find it. Very strange.








I loved the gardens.

Down by the Swiss Cottage were the gardens where the young royalty were taught real life skills.

Such a pretty yet productive garden made me miss a garden of my own.







The curators throughout were all very helpful and knowledgeable.





I was one of the last to leave.



A wonderful day. I would definitely go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment